Marriage Fraud

If you are planning on faking a marriage for either yourself or someone else to get a Green Card, then you need to know it is illegal and the U.S. Government takes Marriage Fraud very seriously.

If you are a non-citizen and you are found to have committed Marriage Fraud, the U.S. Government will bring Removal Proceedings against you and you may be imprisoned for up to 5 years and fined up to $250,000. Once you are out of the U.S., you will also never be allowed to legally return to the U.S.

If you are a U.S. citizen, you could also face fines and imprisonment for committing Marriage Fraud.

Contact Los Angeles Immigration Center for More Information.

That being said, there are instances where couple get married and are wrongfully accused of Marriage Fraud. If you have been accused of Marriage Fraud or worried that you may be, it is best to contact the Los Angeles Immigration Center to discuss your case.

To schedule a consultation with a Los Angeles Immigration Attorney, please call (310) 933-4455 or fill out our online form with a brief description of your situation.