Immigration Benefits for Lesbian Women

We also offer immigration assistance to lesbian women who:

  • suffer or fear that they will suffer persecution in their come countries for being lesbians; or
  • want to marry their U.S. citizens or residents same-sex partners.

There are many countries that treat homosexuals poorly, including discriminating against them, forcing them to undergo psychiatric treatment, and punishing them criminally (often with death), which makes people hide their true sexual orientation and constantly live in fear of persecution or actually suffer persecution if they decide to “come out.” It is not uncommon for lesbian women to suffer more persecution and discrimination compared to gay men. For example, in some countries, lesbian women are “corrected” with rapes and are forced to marry and live with men.

Los Angeles Immigration Center helps lesbian women from these countries to apply for asylum in the United States and to get a Green Card.

In the United States, women are free to choose their partners based on their sexual orientation and are lawfully permitted to marry their same-sex partners in many states. Moreover, after the recent repeal of the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) on June 26, 2013, same-sex couples were granted the same immigration benefits as opposite-sex couples.

Now, lesbian women who are U.S. citizens or lawful permanent residents (Green Card holders) can also petition for immigration benefits for their foreign same-sex spouses or fiancé.

If you are a lesbian and in need of immigration help for yourself or your same-sex partner, please call Los Angeles Immigration Center today at (310) 933-4455 to schedule a consultation with a licensed Immigration Lawyer to discuss your situation and to receive immigration assistance.