Employment Visas

immigration-through-jobMany foreigners want to come to the United States for work; fortunately, there are many options available to those who posses required skills.

You can come to the U.S. to work temporary if you have a job offer from a U.S. employer; in most cases, your employer has to apply for your visa.

These are the most common classifications for employment visas:

Nonimmigrant Classification for a Temporary Worker Description
E-1 Treaty traders and qualified employees
E-2 Treaty investors and qualified employees(Read more)
H-1B Workers in a specialty occupation
H-1B3 Fashion models of distinguished merit and ability
H-3 Trainees other than medical or academic. This classification also applies to practical training in the education of handicapped children.
I Representatives of foreign press, radio, film or other foreign information media.
L-1A Intracompany transferees in managerial or executive positions. (Read more)
L-1B Intracompany transferees in positions utilizing specialized knowledge. (Read more)
O-1 Persons with extraordinary ability in sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics and motion picture or TV production.
O-2 Persons accompanying solely to assist an O-1 nonimmigrant.
P-1A Internationally recognized athletes.
P-1B Internationally recognized entertainers or members of internationally recognized entertainment groups.
P-2 Individual performer or part of a group entering to perform under a reciprocal exchange program.
P-3 Artists or entertainers, either an individual or group, to perform, teach, or coach under a program that is culturally unique.
Q-1 Persons participating in an international cultural exchange program for the purpose of providing practical training, employment, and to share the history, culture, and traditions of the alien’s home country.
R-1 Religious workers.

All of the visas have certain criteria of eligibility. To find out if you qualify for any of the employment visas, it is best to contact the Los Angeles Immigration Center to discuss your case.

To schedule a consultation with a Los Angeles Immigration Attorney, please call (310) 933-4455 or fill out our online form with a brief description of your situation.